“You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.”
It was my intention to write down a few specific memories that I’ve shared with people over the years. However, as I sit here and let my mind float back through the years, I realise that my journey with Lipscomb stretches across 8 different teams and many, many amazing humans! So I hope you understand when I say that is just too difficult to pick ‘a few’ special memories.
What I would like to try and briefly express here is how grateful I am for each team and each individual that has played a part in shaping me into who I am today going all the way back to 2008 when I was 15 years old. I know my words will never be able to adequately say how thankful I am for all of you.
- Thank you for prayerfully deciding to invest your time, money and energy into the trip
- Thank you for giving up your summer to serve, love, bless and encourage our community
- Thank you to your families for sharing you with us for a short time
- Thank you for being like brothers and sisters to me
- Thank you for your Christ-like examples
- Thank you for inspiring me to be more like Jesus
- Thank you for all the fun times and laughter
- Thank you for challenging me to want to serve, love and glorify God more
- Thank you for inspiring me to want to deepen my relationship with God
- Thank you for showing me how to trust and have faith in God
- Thank you for showing me how to find strength, joy, peace, patience, hope and comfort in God
- Thank you for encouraging, blessing and loving me
Thank you most of all for your friendship and letting me be a part of your lives. My story is so much sweeter because you guys are a part of it. It is truly a privilege to call you all dear friends, brothers and sisters. It brings me such joy when I think of all the times we’ve shared together. Whichever year you came on the trip, know that you made a special impact on my life. Wherever you are in life now and wherever you may go in future, I pray that God will be your hope, joy, peace, strength and firm foundation through it all. I often wish I could live closer to you all, but it makes my heart glad knowing that we will forever be connected through Jesus.
Shuen Lim, 22
*Shuen put together some special collages of our teams over the years and wanted to share them with you!